- Professorial positions are tenable in all our Faculties. The applicant should have a Ph. D., teaching experience of at least seven years and should have a minimum of seven publications in academic journals.
- Senior Lecturer positions require the applicant to have a Ph. D. in his/her area of teaching and should have contributed to knowledge through research and publication of at least two publications in an academic journal (s).
- Lecturer position require a Master’s degree and one should be on a Ph.D. track and has proof to the fact and has at least one publication in an academic journal.
- Assistant Lecturer position require a Master’s degree. Should have interest in research and publication and ready.
- Should have the required academic qualifications
- Should have both depth of knowledge in the subjects that he/she teaches
- Able to exhibit independent and self-managing work styles
- Able to prioritize work plans
- Demonstrates strong approaches to teaching and assessment that are student-centric
- Have commitment to high quality standards in all aspects of work
- Experience in research and publication work including supervision of projects and supervision of post graduate work (for professors and senior lecturers) .
- Proven experience in curriculum development and evaluation
- Ready to work in teams including multi-cultural settings
- Demonstrates interests in developing the interest of his students and creating knowledge through research, working with communities and relevant industry to his/her field of teaching
- Be motivated to grow as an academician in his/her field
a) Should have good communication skills; both written and spoken
b) Academic leadership
c) Excellent interpersonal skills, style and team work
D) Have skills and ability to establish collaborations and working relationships in the education industry and beyond
The job includes teaching, assessment of students, supporting student learning, curriculum development, research and publication. The lecturer is expected to teach from the University lecture rooms and beyond; has to be involved in supervising internships wherever the students will be placed.
The lecturer participates in invigilation, marking of examination, supervision of research and internship follow up. The lecturer participates in University wide activities such as committee work and any other relevant assignments that may be given from time to time by the supervisor and committee chairs.
- Prepare for teaching assigned modules according to the Faculty Timetable
- Teaching as per University standard.
- Assess the work of students and provide feedback within the set time
- Set and mark examinations in the scheduled time and submit results to the Faculty
- Give support to external examiners whenever required and willingly collaborate with them, to ensure quality work is done
- Develop and apply innovative approaches to improve the learning environment, teaching and, or assessment and feedback methods
- Contribute to programme and module development and review of curriculum in the Faculty or across faculties where his/her expertise may be required
- Contribute to field work management and assessment
- Carry out any other assignment related to teaching
Research and Scholarship
- Guide students in developing research proposals and carrying out the research
- Carry out quality research singularly or with other researchers within or without the University
- Share research findings and publish at least one paper per year
- Work towards attracting research funding
- Contribute to the development and implementation of research strategies in the faculty and the University as a whole
- Attract consultancies and collaboration networks within and without the Country
- Carry out any other duty related to research and publication
In addition to the salary, the University gives additional benefits which include financial support towards publishing research work, Medical insurance for self, annual leave of 24 working days in addition to gazette public holidays and facilitation when on duty outside the University as determined by the University Council from time to time.
Positions in the University Library
- Academic Qualifications: Should have a master’s degree in Library and Information Science but on Ph. D track
- Person Specifications:
- Has Senior administrative, managerial and leadership experience of at least two years
- Be a person of integrity
- Be Innovative and with high grade IT knowledge
Basic /working financial knowledge
- Good communication skills; both written and spoken
- Have good interpersonal skills and tact
- Should have planning skills
- Have skills and ability to establish collaborations and working relationships in the education industry and beyond
The Librarian is expected to take charge of library matters in the University in as guided by the Library policy.
The University Librarian’s facilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that the library is properly stocked
- Management of library resources; the human, soft and hard resources
- Protecting all the resources in the library
- Work as a team with faculties to meet their library needs
- Guiding all library users
- Co-ordination of inter-library schemes/ programmes
- Management of archives and such other materials
- Initiating and coordinating training programmes for the library users
- Budgeting and budget control for the library
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
A master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or related field
- Has a minimum of one year’s experience in a similar position
- Has computer knowledge adequate to meet the demands of the job
- Is a good communicator and can work well with Library other people
- To assist the University Librarian in the management of the library resources
- Assist the Librarian in the procurement process
- To catalogue books using a computerized system
- To assist in the preparation of reports from the library
- To assist in the observance of all university procedures
- Maintain periodical files after processing them