3 Year Programme
Human Resource Management is a strategic approach to the management of an organisation’s most valued asset, namely the people working in the organisation, whether individually and collectively in order to contribute to the achievement of organisational goals. Application of competencies in Human Resource Management is essential for survival of any organisations.
The Bachelor of Human Resources Management enables learners to acquire knowledge, skills and competencies to identify and attract the best employees at the right time in the right place, monitoring and motivating their performance to achieve effective organisational competitiveness.
Graduates will gain:
- Professionalism to help them develop, implement and review human resource strategies to achieve organisational goals.
- Ability to competently handle the day-to-day human resource challenges in the organisation at national, regional and international levels.
- An understanding of the critical roles that the human resource function plays in behavioural, legal and ethical frameworks of organisations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the competencies of the people management specialists needed for organisational competitiveness.
- Knowledge and skills to analyse the business environment and provide solutions to organisational challenges using human resource management interventions.
Information Systems Management
Principles of Human Resource Management
Case Study Workshop I
Human Resource Planning
Principles of Management
Case Study Workshop II
Salary & Employee Compensation
ICT Practicals & Theory
Case Study Workshop III
Human Resource Training & Development
Human Behaviour at Work
Research Workshop I
Human Resource Information Management
Research Project/ Thesis
Labour Laws & Occupational Health
Principles of Marketing
Research Workshop II
- Labour Laws & Occupational Health
- Leadership & Interpersonal Skills
- Career Planning and Management
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Financial Management
- Performance Management
- Human Resource Management Policies
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Case Study Workshop IV
- Office & Records Management
- Business eEhics
- Industry & Labour Economics
- Business Psychology
The program offers graduates a wide range of career employment opportunities as managers and human resource specialists in central government, local government, non-government organisations, public and private institutions, and Civil Society.
Graduates can be employed as Human Resource Managers, Human Resource Assistants, Human Resource Administrators, Administrative Assistants, Personnel Officers, Training Officers, Wages & Salary Administrators, District Administrative Secretaries, technocrats on the Public Service Commission, personnel officers, capacity building officers, organisational development officers, change management officers, training officers, performance management officers, and team coordinators.
The program further provides graduates with opportunities for self-employment as consultants, trainers and researchers in different areas of Human Resource Management.
Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education or its equivalent and 2 principal passes obtained at the same sitting
Diploma in Human Resources Management or in any other related course from a recognised Institution.