Dr. Alone Kimwise (PhD-MIS, MBA-IT, BSE), Dean Faculty of Science and Technology
Alone Kimwise (PhD) is currently a Dean and Senior Lecturer in faculty of Science and Technology at Victoria University, former Principal investigator, Acting ICT Director; and Head of Computing Department at Kampala International University (KIU). He has worked at higher education institutions both local and international levels. He has also served under the Inter-University Council of East Africa (IUCEA) arrangement of staff exchange at Independent University of Kigali (ULK) and University of Technology and Arts, Byumba, Rwanda (UTAB). Additionally, he has spent over ten years in various capacities as Teaching Assistant, Assistant Lecturer, and Lecturer. His research interests are in areas of Education, Business and Management as well as Science and Technology.
His areas of specialization include Advanced Research Methods, ICT for Development, System Analysis and Design, IT-Project Planning and Management, Computer and Information Security, Networks Data Communications, Managerial Economics, Operation Management, Advanced Statistical Methods In Research, Data Analysis by Use of SPSS,R-Studio, Organizational Behavior, ICT Policy and Cyber Law, Management Information Systems, Entrepreneurship and Global IT Industry, Computer Hardware and Architecture, Multimedia, Database Management Systems , Human-Computer Integration.
He has a PhD in Management Sciences -Information Systems, a Master in Business Administration- Information Technology and a Bachelor of Science with Education, all of which he attained from Kampala University. Dr Kimwise has also attended and facilitated numerous conferences and has been a recipient of several grants for his research projects by bodies and institutions like Stockholm University Sweden, and even Government of the United States of America.
He has also supervised over 10 students at postgraduate level in areas of Business, Public Administration, IT and Management Information Systems and has also been an administrator at Higher Education Institutions. As the Director of ICT 2013-2016 KIU western Campus and the head of the Computing Department since 2013- to date at KIU western Campus, he has made over 10 publications in the area of Management Information Systems (E-learning and E-Health) and his current interest in research is in E-learning specifically, Adoption of E-learning Technologies in Education Institutions in Developing Countries. At the moment, he is a research consultant on a grant he won from SPIDER (Stockholm University-Sweden) of Assessing and Evaluating a project on “An e-Learning and multimedia technology for Mathematics and basic health Education in Nakivale camp, Uganda”.
Dr Kimwise is an outstanding Administrator, Academic, Scholar, Researcher and Lecturer per excellence in his area of specialty of Management Information Systems based on his strong background, achievements and expertise and as such he is in the right position to train and guide current and future students at Victoria University where we keep exploring the heights!
- Kimwise Alone (2019). Evaluating the Readiness to Implement an E-Learning Technology to Support Education. International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development
- Kimwise Alone (2019). Global Journal of Engineering Science and Researches Development and Validation of a Model for Tracking Administration of Malaria Drugs in Uganda. Uganda
- Kimwise Alone (2017). A patient Information Management System (PIMS) For Health Care: A Case of Kampala International University Teaching Hospital, Ishaka- Bushenyi, Uganda. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development
- Kimwise Alone, Gilbert Maiga, Jehopio Peter (2016). A model for adoption of e- learning technologies: The perspective of Ugandan high education institutions. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development
- Kimwise Alone, Gilbert Maiga, Jehopio Peter (2016). Factors for adoption of e-learning technologies in Ugandan high education institutions. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development
- Kimwise Alone (2015). E-Learning Strategic Plan for Kampala international university, level of Implementation. Kampala
- Kimwise Alone (2015). Business process: Design, Development and Implementation of an E-procurement and supply management system at Kampala international university. Kampala
- Kimwise Alone (2014). Challenges and Successes of E-learning at Kampala international university. Mozambique
- IT project management and planning
- System analysis and design
- Computer and information security
- Database management systems
- Statistical methods in research
- Computer Repair and Maintenance
Department of Information Technology
P. O. Box 30866